Here is a list of useful presentations that will provide a good deal of background learning on the subject.
- Schneider, Rick (Pfizer), 2016. Piloting the progression of reactive metabolites through drug discovery. Royal Society of Chemistry, Maggi Churchouse events, 8-9th Feb.
- Claesson (Awametox Consulting), 2012. Reactive Metabolites – Hints How to Avoid a Drug Safety Hazard. Presentation at the Slideshare site.
- All 7 presentations from the SCI conference ”Designing Safer Medicines in Discovery: Current and Emerging Opportunities to Reduce Attrition”, 25th March, 2011:
- Kalgutkar (Pfizer), 2010. Metabolic Activation and Idiosyncratic Drug Toxicity: By Avoiding Structural Alerts, Do We Mitigate Risks?
- Baillie (Univ Wash), 2010. Metabolic Activation and Covalent Binding: Significance in Lead Optimization and Relevance in Drug Development.
- Dalvie (Pfizer), 2009. Approaches to Mitigating the Bioactivation Potential of Compounds in Lead Optimization.
- Crespo (Almirall), 2008. Reactive Metabolites and Drug Safety.
- Arindam Pande. Drug induced hepatitis and its management
More to come