Patient safety, news and press releases from EMA
- Fri, 16 Feb 2018 15:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP) meeting of 13-15 February 2018 - News and press releases
CVMP recommends changes to product information for some veterinary medicines containing enrofloxacin, to reduce development of antimicrobial resistance in target pathogens
- Tue, 13 Feb 2018 12:15:00 +0000: News and press releases: Veterinary medicines: highlights of 2017 - News and press releases
18 medicines recommended for marketing authorisation, including ten vaccines
- Mon, 12 Feb 2018 10:25:00 +0000: News and press releases: Regulatory information – adjusted fees for pharmacovigilance applications to EMA from 12 February 2018 - News and press releases
Pharmacovigilance fees increase by 1.4%
- Fri, 09 Feb 2018 12:00:06 +0000: News and press releases: Meeting highlights from the Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee (PRAC) 5-8 February 2018 - News and press releases
PRAC gives recommendations for valproate, flupirtine, retinoids and interim advice for Esmya
- Fri, 09 Feb 2018 12:00:04 +0000: News and press releases: Women taking Esmya for uterine fibroids to have regular liver tests while EMA review is ongoing - News and press releases
No new patients should start treatment for the time being
MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
- Tue, 13 Feb 2018 22:00:00 +0000: Acyclovir 400mg Tablets by Apace Packaging: Recall - Product Mix-up - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Missing a dose of Acyclovir Tablets could cause a reactivation of a virus being treated.
- Fri, 09 Feb 2018 16:00:00 +0000: HeartStart MRx Defibrillator by Philips Electronics: Class I Recall - Defects in Gas Discharge Tubes May Cause Device Failure - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Continued use of the device in AED mode after failure may lead to serious patient injury or death.
- Wed, 07 Feb 2018 16:00:00 +0000: Pentax Medical Duodenoscope Model ED-3490TK: FDA Safety Communication - Updated Design and Labeling Cleared - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Design changes are intended to reduce the potential for leakage of patient fluids into the closed elevator channel and under the distal cap.
- Tue, 06 Feb 2018 00:00:00 +0000: Extracorporeal Photopheresis (ECP) Treatment : Letter to Health Care Providers - Death and Pulmonary Embolism - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
FDA has received seven reports of patients experiencing PE during, or soon after, a treatment.
- Fri, 02 Feb 2018 13:30:00 +0000: Gericare Eye Wash by Kareway Products: Recall - Potential Product Contamination - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Probability of a potentially sight threatening eye infection or impairment.