Patient safety, news and press releases from EMA
- Fri, 29 Jul 2016 15:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Modelling and simulation in the development and regulatory review of medicines - News and press releases
Comments on new guidance invited until 31 January 2017
- Thu, 28 Jul 2016 14:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Better identification of medicinal products - News and press releases
Webinar on new ISO standards to take place on 4 August 2016
- Wed, 27 Jul 2016 10:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Countries should reduce use of colistin in animals to decrease the risk of antimicrobial resistance - News and press releases
Goal is to cut colistin sales by 65%
- Fri, 22 Jul 2016 11:00:05 +0000: News and press releases: Meeting highlights from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) 18-21 July 2016 - News and press releases
Eight medicines recommended for approval; use of Truvada extended to include pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) against HIV-1 infection
- Fri, 22 Jul 2016 11:00:04 +0000: News and press releases: Two new medicines for advanced kidney cancer - News and press releases
Cabometyx and Kisplyx provide additional treatment options for patients with unmet medical need
MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
- Thu, 28 Jul 2016 18:20:00 +0000: AVEA Ventilator by CareFusion: Class I Recall - Electrical Issue May Cause Unexpected Shutdown - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Ventilator shutdown may cause serious adverse health consequences, including death.
- Tue, 26 Jul 2016 16:01:00 +0000: Fluoroquinolone Antibacterial Drugs for Systemic Use: Drug Safety Communication - Warnings Updated Due to Disabling Side Effects - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Use associated with disabling and potentially permanent side effects of the tendons, muscles, joints, nerves, and central nervous system that can occur together in the same patient.
- Fri, 22 Jul 2016 18:15:00 +0000: HCG and Sermorelin by Talon Compounding Pharmacy: Recall - Lack of Sterility Assurance - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Administration of a drug product intended to be sterile that is compromised can result in health hazards including risk of serious infection or other complications.
- Fri, 22 Jul 2016 14:00:00 +0000: Angiodynamics Soft Vu Omni Flush Angiographic Catheter by Stryker Sustainability Solutions (formerly Ascent Healthcare Solutions): Class I Recall - Tip Separation - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Risk of surgical intervention to retrieve a separated segment, or other serious adverse health consequences such as internal organ injury, stroke, kidney failure, intestinal failure, and death.
- Tue, 19 Jul 2016 17:00:00 +0000: WEN by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioners: FDA Statement - Investigation of Adverse Event Reports - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Reports of hair loss, hair breakage, balding, itching, and rash.