Patient safety, news and press releases from EMA
- Fri, 02 Dec 2016 12:00:02 +0000: News and press releases: Meeting highlights from the Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee (PRAC) 28 November - 1 December 2016 - News and press releases
PRAC starts a safety referral and concludes one
- Fri, 02 Dec 2016 12:00:01 +0000: News and press releases: PRAC warns of risk of hepatitis B re-activation with direct-acting antivirals for hepatitis C - News and press releases
Review of liver cancer risk not conclusive and further studies are needed
- Thu, 01 Dec 2016 16:30:00 +0000: News and press releases: Simpler website navigation for regulatory information on human medicines - News and press releases
New navigation to help users find information more easily
- Thu, 01 Dec 2016 14:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Workshop on adaptive pathways – discussion on development approach for medicines addressing unmet medical needs - News and press releases
Event to be broadcast live on 8 December
- Thu, 01 Dec 2016 10:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Kaisa Immonen elected as new co-chair of Patients’ and Consumers’ Working Party - News and press releases
Co-chair elected for a three-year mandate
MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
- Thu, 01 Dec 2016 13:40:00 +0000: Megajex Natural Male Sex Enhancer by MS Bionic: Recall - Undeclared Drug Ingredients - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Undeclared tadalafil and sildenafil may interact with nitrates found in some prescription drugs (such as nitroglycerin) and may lower blood pressure to dangerous levels.
- Thu, 01 Dec 2016 13:15:00 +0000: Ultimate Body Tox PRO: Recall - Undeclared Drug Ingredient - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Sibutramine is known to substantially increase blood pressure and/or pulse rate in some patients and may present a significant risk for patients with a history of coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias, or stroke.
- Sat, 26 Nov 2016 15:00:00 +0000: DMAA Net Weight 500g by NutriVitaShop: Recall - Presence of DMAA May Pose Health Risk - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
DMAA can narrow blood vessels and arteries, which can cause a rise in blood pressure or other cardiovascular problems such as shortness of breath, arrhythmias, tightening in the chest, and heart attack.
- Fri, 25 Nov 2016 05:00:00 +0000: Products Containing Belladonna Extract by Raritan Pharmaceuticals: Recall - Possible Belladonna Alkaloids - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
The homeopathic products have a very small amount of belladonna, a substance that can cause harm at larger doses.
- Tue, 22 Nov 2016 19:50:00 +0000: FindrWIRZ Guidewire System by SentreHeart: Class I Recall - Coating Separation - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Can lead to serious adverse health consequences including embolism, stroke, or death.