Patient safety, news and press releases from EMA
- Fri, 13 Jan 2017 12:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Meeting highlights from the Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee (PRAC) 9-12 January 2017 - News and press releases
Two ongoing safety reviews discussed at the January Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee (PRAC).
- Wed, 21 Dec 2016 17:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Clinical data for two more medicines now available online - News and press releases
EMA updates industry guidance on submission of clinical data for publication
- Tue, 20 Dec 2016 16:40:00 +0000: News and press releases: Simpler website navigation for regulatory information on veterinary medicines - News and press releases
New navigation to help users find information more easily
- Tue, 20 Dec 2016 15:20:00 +0000: News and press releases: European Medicines Agency closed 23 December 2016 to 2 January 2017 - News and press releases
EMA closed from 18:30 on Thursday 22 December until 7:30 on Tuesday 3 January 2017
- Mon, 19 Dec 2016 16:30:00 +0000: News and press releases: EMA Management Board: highlights of December 2016 meeting - News and press releases
Board adopts work programme and budget 2017 and hears Brexit update
MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
- Tue, 17 Jan 2017 15:00:00 +0000: ED-3490TK Video Duodenoscope by Pentax: FDA Safety Communication - UPDATE - Follow Pentax Validated Reprocessing Instructions - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Updated recommendations to help prevent the spread of infection associated with the use of these devices.
- Sat, 14 Jan 2017 05:00:00 +0000: Lifepak 1000 Defibrillators by Physio-Control: Voluntary Field Action - Immediately Remove and Reinstall Battery - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Device has shut down unexpectedly during patient treatment, which may expose patients to the risk of serious harm or death. Posted 01/14/2017
- Fri, 13 Jan 2017 16:00:00 +0000: Duodenoscopes by Fujifilm Medical Systems: Safety Communication - Certain Older Models Removed From Clinical Use - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Fuji removing legacy 250/450 duodenoscope models from clinical use, replacing with with the ED-530XT model.
- Thu, 12 Jan 2017 14:00:00 +0000: PNC-27 Products: FDA Warning – Do Not Use For Treatment or Cure for Cancer - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Consumers who use a contaminated product are at risk for serious, potentially life-threatening infections.
- Wed, 11 Jan 2017 22:30:00 +0000: Medrad Intego PET Infusion System Source Administration Sets by Bayer: Recall - Particulates Generated in Vial - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
The particulate matter could enter into the patient and cause serious adverse health consequences including infection, damage of tissue, and death.