Patient safety, news and press releases from EMA
- Fri, 17 Feb 2017 15:31:00 +0000: News and press releases: First monoclonal antibody in veterinary medicine recommended for a marketing authorisation - News and press releases
Cytopoint treats dogs against atopic dermatitis
- Fri, 17 Feb 2017 15:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP) Meeting of 14-16 February 2017 - News and press releases
CVMP opinions on veterinary medicinal products
- Fri, 17 Feb 2017 14:15:00 +0000: News and press releases: Consultation on revised policy on access to documents - News and press releases
Comments from stakeholders invited until 18 May 2017
- Fri, 17 Feb 2017 13:30:00 +0000: News and press releases: Martina Schüssler-Lenz elected as new chair of Committee for Advanced Therapies - News and press releases
Mandate to cover three years
- Fri, 10 Feb 2017 14:15:00 +0000: News and press releases: Over 1,000 studies now recorded in EU register of post-authorisation studies - News and press releases
EU PAS Register increases transparency of research in medicines after they have been authorised in the EU
MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
- Thu, 16 Feb 2017 14:30:00 +0000: Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder by Zimmer Biomet: Class I Recall - High Fracture Rate - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Fractures may result in revision surgeries which could cause serious adverse health consequences such as permanent loss of shoulder function, infection, or rarely, death.
- Wed, 15 Feb 2017 13:30:00 +0000: HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) Freeze Dried Vials by Synergy Rx: Recall - Lack of Sterility Assurance - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Administration of a drug product intended to be sterile that is not sterile could result in serious infections that may be life-threatening.
- Thu, 09 Feb 2017 16:00:00 +0000: Alaris Syringe Pump Module (Large Volume Pump), Model 8100 and AIL Sensor Kits by CareFusion: Class I Recall - Alarm Error - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Faulty Air-In-Line sensor which may generate a false alarm, and cause the syringe pump to stop supplying the infusion to the patient. Interruption of infusion could lead to serious adverse health consequences or death.
- Thu, 09 Feb 2017 14:35:00 +0000: Ibuprofen Lysine Injection, 20 mg /2 mL (10 mg/mL) by Exela Pharma Sciences: Recall - Particulate Matter - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Particulate matter has the potential to block blood vessels, provoke an immune reaction, and/or lead to microinfarcts which could be life threatening.
- Thu, 09 Feb 2017 12:45:00 +0000: Well Balance Xanthium & Siler Combo (Bi Yan Pian) Dietary Supplement by Kingsway Trading Inc.: Recall - Product Contains Banned Ephedra Alkaloids - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Supplements containing ephedrine alkaloids pose a risk of serious adverse events, including heart attack, stroke, and death.