Patient safety, news and press releases from EMA
- Fri, 20 May 2016 14:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP) Meeting of 17-19 May 2016 - News and press releases
CVMP opinions on veterinary medicinal products
- Fri, 20 May 2016 09:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Accessing key EMA information on human medicines - News and press releases
New guide to information about medicines evaluated by the Agency
- Tue, 17 May 2016 15:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Progress in science, medicine and health - News and press releases
EMA publishes 2015 annual report
- Fri, 13 May 2016 14:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Meeting highlights from the Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee (PRAC) 10-13 May 2016 - News and press releases
PRAC concludes on meta-analysis on the risk of inhibitor development in severe haemophilia patients receiving recombinant factor VIII products
- Fri, 13 May 2016 08:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: European Medicines Agency closed 16 May 2016 - News and press releases
EMA closed from 18:30 on Friday 13 May until 7:30 on Tuesday 17 May 2016
MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
- Thu, 19 May 2016 04:00:00 +0000: Nizoral (ketoconazole) Oral Tablets: Drug Safety Communication - Prescribing for Unapproved Uses including Skin and Nail Infections Continues; Linked to Patient Death - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Skin and nail fungal infections in otherwise healthy persons are not life-threatening, and so the risks associated with oral ketoconazole outweigh the benefits. Posted 05/19/2016
- Wed, 18 May 2016 17:00:00 +0000: Well Care Compounding Pharmacy Sterile Compounded Products: Recall - Lack Of Sterility Assurance - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Administration of a drug product intended to be sterile that is compromised may result in serious and potentially life-threatening infections or death.
- Wed, 18 May 2016 16:56:00 +0000: Canagliflozin (Invokana, Invokamet): Drug Safety Communication - Clinical Trial Results Find Increased Risk of Leg and Foot Amputations - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
FDA is currently investigating this new safety issue. Patients should not stop or change their diabetes medicines.
- Fri, 13 May 2016 14:50:00 +0000: SOS Telecom Products: Recall - Undeclared Drug Ingredient - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Sildenafil may interact with nitrates found in some prescription drugs such as nitroglycerin and may lower blood pressure to dangerous levels.
- Fri, 13 May 2016 14:40:00 +0000: BiCNU (carmustine for injection): FDA Alert - Counterfeit Product Discovered in Some Foreign Countries - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
FDA urges health care professionals to purchase drug products only from legitimate suppliers.