Patient safety, news and press releases from EMA
- Fri, 05 Feb 2016 14:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: EMA concludes defective device in ROCKET study does not impact Xarelto’s safety - News and press releases
Study is the main trial supporting use of Xarelto in atrial fibrillation
- Tue, 02 Feb 2016 11:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: How to facilitate development of cancer immunotherapies - News and press releases
Watch live broadcast of expert discussion at EMA
- Mon, 01 Feb 2016 14:30:00 +0000: News and press releases: Consultation on revised guideline on medicines to treat Alzheimer’s disease - News and press releases
Revised guideline is expected to facilitate development of more effective medicines
- Fri, 29 Jan 2016 12:00:03 +0000: News and press releases: Meeting highlights from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) 25-28 January 2016 - News and press releases
Six medicines, of which two have been fast-tracked, receive positive opinions from the Committee
- Fri, 29 Jan 2016 12:00:02 +0000: News and press releases: EMA fast-tracks treatment of multiple myeloma for approval in EU - News and press releases
Empliciti to help activate the body’s immune system against rare blood cancer
MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
- Fri, 29 Jan 2016 05:00:00 +0000: Pink Bikini and Shorts on The Beach Dietary Supplements by Lucy's Weight Loss System: Recall - Undeclared Drug Ingredient - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
May contain sibutramine, phenolphthalein, and/or diclofenac.
- Thu, 28 Jan 2016 23:50:00 +0000: Bentonite Me Baby – Bentonite Clay by Alikay Naturals: Consumer Warning - Risk of Lead Poisoning - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Exposure to lead can cause serious damage to the central nervous system, the kidneys, and the immune system.
- Thu, 28 Jan 2016 19:50:00 +0000: SPOTCHEM II Test Strips by Arkray: Class I Recall - Inaccurate Blood Sugar Readings - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Because the test strips are reporting falsely low blood glucose, there is a risk that the health care provider would not diagnose hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) in a timely manner and fail to treat elevated blood glucose levels.
- Thu, 28 Jan 2016 05:00:00 +0000: Crema Piel De Seda (Silky Skin Cream) by Viansilk: Consumer Warning - Risk of Mercury Poisoning - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Exposure to mercury can cause serious health problems, such as kidney and nervous system damage.
- Wed, 27 Jan 2016 21:30:00 +0000: MOVES Ventilator System by Thornhill Research: Class I Recall - Battery Problem - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
The issue may prevent the ventilator from providing patient breathing support and could cause patient injury or death.