Patient safety, news and press releases from EMA
- Fri, 24 Jun 2016 13:30:00 +0000: News and press releases: EMA reviewing veterinary medicine Velactis - News and press releases
Review triggered by serious adverse events in cattle
- Fri, 24 Jun 2016 11:00:06 +0000: News and press releases: Meeting highlights from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) 20-23 June 2016 - News and press releases
Six new medicines, including one cell-based therapy, recommended for approval
- Fri, 24 Jun 2016 11:00:05 +0000: News and press releases: New cell-based therapy to support stem cell transplantation in patients with high-risk blood cancer - News and press releases
Orphan medicine Zalmoxis recommended by CAT and CHMP for marketing authorisation
- Fri, 24 Jun 2016 11:00:04 +0000: News and press releases: Start of review of medicines manufactured at Pharmaceutics International Inc., USA - News and press releases
EMA has started a review of medicines manufactured by Pharmaceutics International Inc., USA.
- Fri, 24 Jun 2016 11:00:03 +0000: News and press releases: Studies from Alkem Laboratories Ltd cannot be used to support medicines approval in the EU - News and press releases
EMA recommends suspension of one medicine
MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
- Tue, 14 Jun 2016 14:00:00 +0000: Canagliflozin (Invokana, Invokamet) and Dapagliflozin (Farxiga, Xigduo XR): Drug Safety Communication - Strengthened Kidney Warnings - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Revised warnings in the drug labels to include information about acute kidney injury and added recommendations to minimize this risk.
- Wed, 08 Jun 2016 18:20:00 +0000: Nature Made (Various Products) by Pharmavite LLC: Recall - Possible Health Risk - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Salmonella can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
- Tue, 07 Jun 2016 18:55:00 +0000: Step 2 60 Gold by The Body Shot Bar: Recall - Undeclared Drug Ingredients - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Sibutramine is known to substantially increase blood pressure and/or pulse rate in some patients and may present a significant risk for patients with a history of coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, arrhythmias or stroke.
- Tue, 07 Jun 2016 13:00:00 +0000: Loperamide (Imodium): Drug Safety Communication - Serious Heart Problems With High Doses From Abuse and Misuse - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Majority of reported problems occurred in individuals intentionally misusing and abusing high doses of loperamide in attempts to self-treat opioid withdrawal symptoms or to achieve a feeling of euphoria.
- Mon, 06 Jun 2016 04:00:00 +0000: Over-the-Counter Antacid Products Containing Aspirin: FDA Drug Safety Communication - Serious Bleeding Risk - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Risk of serious bleeding when using nonprescription, also known as over-the-counter or OTC, aspirin-containing antacid products.