Patient safety, news and press releases from EMA
- Mon, 16 Oct 2017 15:22:00 +0000: News and press releases: EMA’s Business Continuity Plan for Brexit published - News and press releases
Plan aims to ensure continuity of Agency’s operations
- Mon, 16 Oct 2017 11:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Sales of antibiotics for animal use decrease by 13% in Europe between 2011 and 2015 - News and press releases
Overall sales are coming down but the picture across Europe remains varying
- Fri, 13 Oct 2017 11:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Meeting highlights from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) 9-12 October 2017 - News and press releases
One generic medicine recommended for approval
- Mon, 09 Oct 2017 11:30:00 +0000: News and press releases: Better labelling of excipients for safe use of medicines - News and press releases
Updated annex to excipient guidelines has new safety advice for 15 excipients
- Fri, 06 Oct 2017 15:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP) meeting of 3–5 October 2017 - News and press releases
CVMP opinions on veterinary medicinal products
MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
- Sat, 07 Oct 2017 04:00:00 +0000: A1 Slim by Kiriko: Recall - Undeclared Drug Ingredients - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Product tainted with sibutramine, phenolphthalein and N-Desmethyl sibutramine.
- Fri, 06 Oct 2017 15:00:00 +0000: Intralipid 20 Percent IV Fat Emulsion by Baxter: Recall - One Shipment of Product Exposed to Subfreezing Temperatures - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
When subjected to freezing, emulsion droplets will increase in size, forming aggregates that can block pulmonary circulation/lead to serious adverse health consequences that can be life-threatening.
- Tue, 03 Oct 2017 19:00:00 +0000: Intraocular Injections of a Compounded Triamcinolone, Moxifloxacin, and Vancomycin (TMV) Formulation: FDA Statement - Case of Hemorrhagic Occlusive Retinal Vasculitis - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Prophylactic use of intraocular vancomycin, alone or in a compounded drug, during cataract surgery is generally not recommended because of the risk of HORV.
- Tue, 03 Oct 2017 14:00:00 +0000: Infant Sleep Positioners: FDA Warning - Risk of Suffocation - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
FDA reminding parents and caregivers not to put babies in sleep positioners. These products, sometimes also called “nests” or “anti-roll” products, can cause suffocation that can lead to death.
- Thu, 28 Sep 2017 15:00:00 +0000: Endovascular Graft Systems: Letter to Health Care Providers - Type III Endoleaks Associated with Use - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Type III endoleak may require treatment with additional interventions such as re-lining, insertion of additional endograft components, or open surgical repair. Interventions to address endoleaks carry added risks for impacted patients.