Patient safety, news and press releases from EMA
- Fri, 28 Apr 2017 14:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: EMA and heads of national competent authorities discuss consequences of Brexit - News and press releases
Key principles and working methodology established
- Thu, 27 Apr 2017 15:30:00 +0000: News and press releases: European Medicines Agency closed 1 May 2017 - News and press releases
EMA closed from 18:30 on Friday 28 April until 7:30 on Tuesday 2 May 2017
- Tue, 25 Apr 2017 10:15:00 +0000: News and press releases: European Immunisation Week: Statement of Guido Rasi, the Executive Director of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) - News and press releases
"We all have to fight vaccine fears to win the war against resurging, vaccine-preventable diseases."
- Fri, 21 Apr 2017 17:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Meeting highlights from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) 18-21 April 2017 - News and press releases
Eleven medicines recommended for approval, including four orphans
- Fri, 21 Apr 2017 16:59:00 +0000: News and press releases: First medicine for spinal muscular atrophy - News and press releases
Orphan medicine Spinraza recommended by CHMP under accelerated assessment
MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
- Thu, 27 Apr 2017 17:15:00 +0000: General Anesthetic and Sedation Drugs: Drug Safety Communication - FDA Approves Label Changes for Use in Young Children - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Exposure to these medicines for lengthy periods of time or over multiple surgeries or procedures may negatively affect brain development in children younger than 3 years.
- Tue, 25 Apr 2017 13:25:00 +0000: Illegal Cancer Treatments: FDA Warning - Fraudulent Claims of Diagnosis, Treatment, Prevention or Cure - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Use of unproven or unapproved products may be unsafe and could prevent a person from seeking an appropriate and potentially life-saving cancer diagnosis or treatment.
- Mon, 24 Apr 2017 14:05:00 +0000: 25 Percent Dextrose Injection, USP (Infant) by Hospira: Recall - Particulate Matter - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Particulate administered to a patient could result in local swelling, irritation of blood vessels or tissue, blockage of blood vessels and/or systemic allergic response to the particulate.
- Fri, 21 Apr 2017 18:10:00 +0000: Phenobarbital 15 mg Tablets, USP by C.O. Truxton: Recall - Labeling Error on Declared Strength - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Mislabeled product could expose the consumer or their pet(s) to potential overdosing that can cause severe intoxication which may lead to cardiogenic shock, renal failure, coma or death.
- Thu, 20 Apr 2017 15:30:00 +0000: Codeine and Tramadol Medicines: Drug Safety Communication - Restricting Use in Children, Recommending Against Use in Breastfeeding Women - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
New and strengthened WARNINGS and CONTRAINDICATIONS on drug labels describing serious risks, including slowed or difficult breathing and death.