Patient safety, news and press releases from EMA
- Fri, 24 Mar 2017 12:00:04 +0000: News and press releases: Meeting highlights from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) 20-23 March 2017 - News and press releases
Six medicines recommended for approval, including three orphans
- Fri, 24 Mar 2017 12:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: EMA recommends suspension of medicines due to unreliable studies from Micro Therapeutic Research Labs - News and press releases
Medicines where suitable alternative data are available can remain on market
- Fri, 24 Mar 2017 10:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: EU recommendations for 2017/2018 seasonal flu vaccine composition - News and press releases
EU vaccine composition advice is based on WHO recommendations
- Thu, 23 Mar 2017 12:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Use of big data to improve human and animal health - News and press releases
Task force to establish roadmap and recommendations for use of big data in assessment of medicines
- Wed, 22 Mar 2017 17:00:00 +0000: News and press releases: Call for experts in anonymisation of clinical data - News and press releases
EMA to set up technical group in the context of the publication of clinical data
MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
- Fri, 24 Mar 2017 17:20:00 +0000: HeartStart MRx Monitor/Defibrillator by Phillips Healthcare: Class I Recall - Electrical Issues - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
A delay in delivering therapy could result in serious patient injury such as permanent organ damage, brain injury, or death.
- Tue, 21 Mar 2017 17:00:00 +0000: Breast Implants: Update - Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
BIA-ALCL is a rare condition; when it occurs, it has been identified most frequently in patients undergoing implant revision operations for late onset, persistent seroma.
- Sat, 18 Mar 2017 14:00:00 +0000: Absorb GT1 Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffold (BVS) by Abbott Vascular: Letter to Health Care Providers - FDA Investigating Increased Rate of Major Adverse Cardiac Events - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Increased rate of major adverse cardiac events observed in patients receiving the BVS, when compared to patients treated with metallic XIENCE drug-eluting stent.
- Wed, 15 Mar 2017 16:02:00 +0000: Viberzi (eluxadoline): Drug Safety Communication - Increased Risk of Serious Pancreatitis In Patients Without A Gallbladder - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Patients who do not have a gallbladder should not take Viberzi. Developing pancreatitis could result in hospitalization or death.
- Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:20:00 +0000: SynchroMed II and SynchroMed EL Implantable Drug Infusion Pumps by Medtronic: Class I Recall - Failure of Priming Bolus - MedWatch Safety Alert RSS Feed
Patients may receive a drug overdose or under dose which can lead to serious adverse health consequences such as respiratory depression, coma or death.